Code of Conduct
Youth sports play an important role in promoting the physical and emotional development of children. It is therefore essential for parents, coaches, officials, and board members to encourage youth athletes to embrace the values of good sportsmanship. Moreover, adults involved in youth sporting events should be models of good sportsmanship and should lead by example by demonstrating fairness, respect and self-control.
All Coaches, Parents, and Players Agree to Abide
Violations of the code of conduct may result in, but are not limited to:
All suspensions and expulsions will be made at the Raptors Athletics Executive Board level.
Parental Code of Conduct
I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care and encouragement for my child participating in youth sports by following this Parental Code of Conduct Pledge.
- I will not yell at or argue with referees.
- I will not force my child to participate in a sport.
- I will not behave negatively at games and I will treat referees, opposing parents and opposing players with respect.
- I will learn the rules of the sport.
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches and officials at every game, practice or other youth sports event.
- I will never use profanity.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of a personal desire to win.
- I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will support coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
- I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free of drugs, tobacco and alcohol, and will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
- I will remember that the game is for youth, not for adults.
- I will do my very best to make youth sports fun for my child.
- I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.
- I promise to help my child enjoy the youth sports experience by doing whatever I can; such as being a respectable fan, assisting with coaching, or providing transportation.
Coaches Code of Conduct
- I hereby pledge to live up to Coaches Code of Conduct.
- I will never yell at, argue with, or treat a referee with disrespect.
- I will insure that my parents treat referees with respect.
- I will insure that all of my parents and players have read and/or understand the Parental Code of Conduct.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my players ahead of a personal desire to win.
- I will never use profanity.
- I will treat each player as an individual, remembering the large range of emotional and physical development for the same age group.
- I will do my best to provide a safe playing situation for my players.
- I will promise to review and practice the basic first aid principles needed to treat injuries of my players.
- I will do my best to organize practices that are fun and challenging for all my players.
- I will lead by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all my players.
- I will provide a sports environment for my team that is free of drugs, tobacco and alcohol, and I will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
- I will be knowledgeable in the rules of my sport.
- I will use those coaching techniques appropriate for each of the skills that I teach.
- I will remember that I am a youth sports coach, and that the game is for children and not adults.
Players Code of Conduct
- I hereby pledge to be positive about my youth sports experience and accept responsibility for my participation by following this Players Code of Conduct Pledge.
- I will encourage good sportsmanship from fellow players, coaches, officials and parents at every game and practice by demonstrating good sportsmanship.
- I will attend every practice and game that I can, and will notify my coach if I cannot.
- I will do my very best to listen and learn from my coaches.
- I will treat my coaches, other players, officials and fans with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or abilities; and I will expect to be treated accordingly.
- I deserve to have fun during my sports experience and will alert parents or coaches if it stops being fun!
- I deserve to play in an environment that is free of drugs, tobacco and alcohol, and expect adults to refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
- I will encourage my parents to be involved with my team in some capacity because it is important to me.
- I will do my very best in school.
- I will remember that participating in sports is an opportunity to learn and have fun.